Resume of Joshua Kimber
MAGNET 360 • MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA • 2012 - 2013
A marketing technology agency providing marketing strategy and cloud technology services for B2B and B2C organizations. Named the Fastest growing privately held company in Minnesota for 2012.
Marketing Cloud Strategist (Aug 2012 - July 2013)
Responsible for designing social business strategies and solutions anchored to the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform for B2B and B2C companies. Also responsible for contributing to the creation of service offerings and internal/external thought leadership within the digital marketing channel (social, PPC, display, email and more).
- Function as a digital marketing expert with a focus on social media marketing campaigns and its implications across the organization for clients.
- Identify and articulate client goals and provide attainable solutions for social listening, engagement and advertising while maintaining original marketing plan and budget.
- Provide strategies around social listening to better understand marketing initiatives, identify product innovation ideas, improve sales approaches and identify main customer service topics.
- Guide customers to successful outcomes when engaging in social media. This includes the proactive communication on managed social media accounts and the reactive communication across all digital platforms (blogs, websites, forums, Facebook, Twitter and more).
- Expert at developing social campaign strategies for acquisition and retention on Facebook and Twitter.
- Fluent in emerging social technologies and other disruptive technologies.
LIFE TIME FITNESS, INC., • CHANHASSEN, MINNESOTA • 2008 - 2012
Operates 102 distinctive health clubs and large sports, athletic, fitness and family recreation centers in 23 states, employing over 19,000 people and generates over $1B in annual revenue.
Director, Digital Media (2008 - 2012)
High-profile leadership role directing the digital channel for national/regional member acquisition and retention programs for all centers, by driving lead generation, conversion, membership and in-center sales. Worked closely with the CEO & founder, executive leadership and field management, along with a national sales team, internal/external agencies and business partners to achieve company goals.
- Achieved 67% ($681M) of company’s revenue through membership dues and fees, built smart monthly marketing plans within budget and helped increase total leads an average of 32% between 2009-2011.
- Championed the strategy and development of the non-member website focused on increasing the quantity and quality of web leads. Under my direction the web channel became the largest lead source representing over 55% of all leads, up from 10% in 2009.
- Directly accountable for maintaining traffic sources to the non-member site through effective SEO ranking and other paid media opportunities and ensured all leads were properly nurtured in our CRM database.
- Managed an $18M annual budget and strategic marketing plans spanning traditional advertising, media, direct response, interactive marketing, special events and creative promotions.
- Nominated for Corporate Artistry Award, an award given to the top employee for contributing in ways that go well beyond their stated key performance indicators.
FALLON WORLDWIDE • MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA • 2004 - 2008
A highly regarded and awarded full service advertising agency specializing in brand identity and awareness. While there, Fallon was the Agency of Record for Citi, BMW, Purina, United Airlines, Travelers and Media Agency of Record for NBC Universal.
Media Supervisor • NBC Universal (2006 - 2008)
Managed four other agencies specializing in specific media channels and two direct reports in the strategy planning, execution and reporting for all new programs for the 06 + 07 broadcast calendar. Also, held directly accountable for maintaining and managing an annual budget of $80MM.
- Authored and delivered media plans and campaign presentations to effectively explain and sell ideas to meet campaign objectives.
- Measured and evaluated campaign performance for clients and competitors to determine overall campaign effectiveness.
- Accurately managed financial requirements by preparing budget forecasts, monitoring expenditures and identifying variables.
Asst. Media Planner • Purina, United Airlines and International Trucks (Feb 04 - Aug 05)
- Researched media opportunities that achieved campaign objectives, negotiated rates, favorable placements and trafficked insertion orders and materials to the proper placement.
- Monitored clients and competitors ad spending and placements to ensure my clients were staying ahead of key competitors.
BEST BUY • RICHFIELD, MINNESOTA • 2005
National retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances and related services with 150,000 employees and over $41B in annual sales.
Media Planner • (Aug 05 - Dec 05)
- Worked closely with media managers to develop strategies and executions that most effectively, efficiently and creatively leverage the media budget for traditional and non-traditional media.
- Partnered with account services and media buying departments to facilitate accurate media plans for Geek Squad and Buzz Segment.
- Coordinated plans with Event Marketing and Community Relations to develop integrated Grand Opening plans for new and relocated stores (60+ stores in 2005).
MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY - MANKATO • MANKATO, MINNESOTA
Bachelor of Science degree, Major Marketing and Minor in Business Administration.
Salesforce.com, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Microsoft AdCenter, Marin Software, Radian 6, Buddy Media, SEOMoz and Microsoft Office